Annual Report 2011-12
Total books: 82,462.
Total audiobooks: 3,503.
Downloadable audio: 2,002,774.
Total DVD: 3,583.
Total magazine & newspaper subscriptions: 108.
Electronic databases: 15
Over 31,419 public computer sessions or about 85 sessions for every day of the year.
Total program attendance: 9,288.
The library held 445 programs and answered over 24,388 reference questions last year.
Every month last year, there were over 10,000 visits to the library’s web page. www.radfordpl.org. An average of 11,000 articles were viewed every month and there were over 5,500 searches of the library’s catalog.
Goals for 2012-13:
- Increase the public’s awareness of the library’s digital resources.
- Consolidate resources and increase efficiency by working with other departments and agencies.
- Explore grant resources in order to expand services.
- Respond to the quickly changing information needs of the public.
- Update youth services furniture in order to better serve the public.
The City of Radford budgeted $542,480. for public library operations in FY2011-12, or $35.83 per citizen.